Saturday 2 February 2013

Question 1a) Post Production

Many different elements were used to create our final product which included, texts, colour correction, the manipulation of speed. More of our production was created after our filming for A2 in our music video. In AS for 'Mindgames' i found myself not being able to use technology efficiently as i do now and the distinct transition of my skills can be seen through the difference in A2 music video compared to my thriller opening. With help of Live Text and and Final Cut, i was able to use many different things such as the colour corrector and the speed determinant to edit my thriller opening to the best of my ability. The difference in the clarity can be spotted as now i am more comfortable and am open to playing with different options and effects in order to make my music video as good as possible. Most of my text was created after production in terms of my music video and i found this more comfortable as i had more experience of the tools i was using from the previous year. AS included me using such tools but nowhere near were they used to same amount as used in A2.

We used Final Cut Express, Photoshop, Safari, Youtube, Twitter, Facebook, iPhoto, Garageband, iMac. With the use of digital technology, our productions were almost highlighted and it made our productions evolve swiftly as we used such applications to help produce our videos. The iMac is the main contraption that i used as it hold all the necessary programs i needed to make both my thriller opening and my music video successful and creative. Final Cut was the main program used to cut and edit each video and my skills definitely improved throughout. Photoshop was used in A2 for my digipak and magazine advertisement and it was my first time using it. I was really poor at first but with help from some classmates and some people who had experience with Photoshop, i found it grew on me and was not as complicated as i once thought. Safari, the main source of Internet was used to help gain information, resources, promotion and many other things. Using Safari helped me use Youtube, to watch inspirational videos, guides on how to use programs effectively and to help advertise my production. I used Youtube as the broadcasting station for my videos so that people from around the world are able to view and give feedback to me and comment with others about my work. I also used Twitter and Facebook to help promote my work and see what my friends thought about it as they gave me feedback and critical responses. iPhoto was used mainly to export and just manage my photos for my digipak along with Garagebang which was used only in AS for Mindgames to create our soundtrack with the Piano application.

We used the original soundtrack for A2 and found this to be set out for us as we just used the song of our choice as the base or centre and worked around it. For Mindgames we used Garageband and conducted our own soundtrack with the Piano application to help complement our opening. AS and A2 were extremely different in that with A2 we have to cut specifically to our song and make sure it is sync, whereas in AS we had to create our own soundtrack which complemented our Thriller opening. There was a transition in my progress and learning in the way in which i had just used a soundtrack which complemented my thriller opening in AS but in A2 i used the soundtrack as the centre and found that everything I do must be in relation to the song which is the main focus. With this relationship religiously being recognised between everything I did, there is a clear understanding of my work in post production

We put across many messages in our AS production, such as the stereotypical male antagonist and protagonist as featured in many mainstream films which exemplifies patriarchy. Good vs. Evil is extremely evident with the distinct clothing of the police officer putting across the meaning of authority and how the state are there to protect and serve. Again conforming to patriarchy, a man officer is used to show more stature and power compared to a police woman. These are the keys meanings embedded throughout. For our A2 production the main messages were just fun and excitement and how happiness can come from what you love and your expression of your love. King of The Bongo really shows a character expressing his love for playing the Bongo and how he exposes this in a new city, which he is almost lost in but he feels that with his Bongo, he is never lost. This is the main meaning inserted in our A2 production.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home